Each school in the Iron County School District has a Community Council dedicated to addressing the needs of the students in its school. A Community Council consists of the school principal, elected teachers, and parents and guardians of students attending the school. The majority of the council members must be parents and guardians.
The purpose of the Council is to
- Create a school improvement plan.
- Create a School LAND Trust program for the school.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of a staff professional development plan.
- Advise and make recommendations regarding a child access routing plan and other issues relating to the community environment for students.
- Assist in the development of a reading achievement plan.
All meetings are open to the public. If you are interested in more general information about Community Councils in the Iron County School District, see the School Community Council page on the District website.
If you are interested in participating in the North Elementary Community Council, contact Ray Whittier at email@example.com or 435.586.2845.