2017-18 Community Council Announcements
- Applications for new Community Council members are being taken now. Stop in the office to fill out an application today! Applications are due by September 4th. Elections will be held September 5th - 7th if necessary. (Posted 08/24/2017)
Each school in the Iron County School District has a Community Council dedicated to addressing the needs of the students in its school. A Community Council is made up of the principal of the school, elected teachers and parents and guardians of students who are attending the school. The number of parents and guardians on the Community Council will be the majority of the council members.
The purpose of the Council is to
- Create a school improvement plan
- Create a School LAND Trust program for the school
- Assist in the creation and implementation of a staff professional development plan
- Advise and make recommendations regarding a child access routing plan and other issues relating to the coummuniyt environment for students
- Assist in the development of a reading achievement plan
All meetings are open to the public. If you are interested in more general information about Community Councils in the Iron County School District see the School Community Council page on the District website.
If you are interested in participating in the North Elementary Community Council, contact Ray Whittier at email@example.com or 435.586.2845.
2017-18 North Elementary Community Council Members