Wednesday, February 8 2017
Open Enrollment is still underway. Here are 5 reasons to tell friends, family, and neighbors they should send their children to North Elementary! Spread the word.
- North will be developing a School Garden – complete with native plants, vegetables, bird feeders, and a lot of fun too. Each grade will participate and enjoy a complete curriculum to ensure quality learning.
- The new building will be THE most secure building in the district!
- The new building will have TWO science labs!
- All of the equipment used by The Voyager, SUU’s mobile science and technology lab will be stored in one of North’s new science labs.
- North Elementary will be expanding their Robotics program.
- Every student in grades 3 – 5 will have access to a chrome book.
Thursday, February 2, 2017
Kindergarten Registration is here! Check it out below!!
Monday, January 30, 2017
It’s SEP Week! Please note the new schedule this week:
AM Kindergarten 8:55 AM to 10:55 AM
PM Kindergarten 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM
All other grades: 8:55 AM to 2:30 PM
It is also Buy One – Get One Free Book Fair this week! Be sure to stop by the library this week to enjoy this great opportunity to buy great books for your students.
It is also time to share the good news about North Elementary! It is Open Enrollment time. From now until February 20, families in the Iron County School District can request to send their students to North Elementary. For more information and the Open Enrollment application, go here.
Friday, January 20, 2017
Congratulations to Becky Comstock who was awarded Cedar City’s Educator of the Year last night at the 2017 Cedar City Chamber of Commerce Awards Banquet! The next time you see her, be sure to say “Congratulations on a job well done!”
Note some important dates coming up:
5th Grade Science Fair – Tuesday, January 24 – public is invited to attend from 1:30 to 3:00 PM
Kite for Flight Reading Calendars begin – Sunday, January 29
SEP week – January 30 to February 3
Shortened School Schedule for SEP week:
8:55 AM to 2:30 PM
AM Kindergarten 8:55 AM to 10:55 AM
PM Kindergarten 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM
Sunday, January 15, 2017
Community Council Announcment
Thursday, January 4, 2017
It’s Science Fair time!! Put those thinking caps on and have fun discovering something new! Here are a few points you should know parents:
- The Science Fair is required for all students grades 3 – 5.
- Grade 5 Science Fair – January 24
- Grade 3 Science Fair – March 21
- Grade 4 Science Fair – March 23
- Grades K – 2 will be doing class projects that will be displayed and presented on STEAM Night – May 1
Students will be bringing home more details. Be sure to ask them about it. Thanks for all your support at home Parents!
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
*** Family Moive Night is TOMORROW! ***
Movie night is sponsored by the WatchDogs. Bring the whole family, blankets and wear PJs. Popcorn will be provided.
Thursday, November 1 from 6:00 – 8:00 PM in the Auditorium.
*** Pasta War is underway!! ***
The Student Leadership Team has declared a Pasta War among the classes from November 28 to December 9. Each student is invited to bring any kind of pasta or any kind of sauce to their classroom. The classroom that collects the most pasta and sauce (by weight) WINS a hot chocolate party.
*** Our first Mini Mall of the year will be held Friday, December 16 from 1:30 to 2:30 PM ***
Does your child want to run a booth? It is a great way to learn about business in a safe and controlled environment. Who knows, maybe you have an entrepreneur in your family!! Here are the guidelines. Talk to your students.
- Students in grades 2-5 can run booths. First graders can do it with an older sibling.
- No liquids of any kind may be sold. Food items will be in the lunchroom and non-food items will be in the gym.
- Students will use the LIME tickets as money.
- Students who want to sponsor a booth must fill out a business license application and pay Jan 10 LIME tickets FOR EACH STUDENT who is running the booth. Applications will be available in the office starting December 1.
- When students hand in their business license application and LIME tickets, they’ll be given a large piece of white paper. This is for a poster to advertise their booth. This is the ONLY paper than can use to advertise. They can display their poster in the hall starting on December 9th.
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
Click here to view the latest Community Council Information for the 2016-2017 School Year.
*** Family STEAM Night is TOMORROW! Looking forward to seeing you there!! ***
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
*** Parents – Don’t forget to vote TODAY! ***
Today is an excellent opportunity to talk with your children about the importance of voting. Remember, you are creating the citizens of tomorrow.
*** Save the date for Family STEAM Night!! ***
Wednesday, November 16 from 5:00 – 6:30 PM throughout the school.
An evening filled with educational fun for the whole family!
Complete the activities then enter a drawing to win something SUPER COOL!
*** Fifth Grade Maturation Program ***
Thursday, November 10 at 2:00 PM
Parents are welcome to attend with their child.
*** T-Shirt Orders Due ***
Turn your t-shirt order in by Friday, November 18. North Elementary T-Shirts make a great Christmas gift!
*** Thanksgiving Vacation is coming up!! ***
No School November 23-25
Friday, October 14, 2016
*** ICSD Parent Night THIS Wednesday***
October 17, 2016
Canyon View High School
6:30 – 8:00 pm
Break out sessions and information on
- Drug Trends
- Bully Prevention
- Suicide Prevention
- Social Media
- and more….
Break out sessions begin at 6:40 and 7:20
Red Ribbon Week Coming Up
October 25th – 28th
The National Red Ribbon Week Campaign was started in 1985 by the National Family Partnership (NFP). NFP is a national leader in drug prevention education and advocacy. Red Ribbon Week was created to educate today’s youth about the destructive nature of drug’s and alcohol. All week our North Elementary PTA will be leading the Red Ribbon Week activities in our school. Our children have the right to grow up drug free. Each of us has the responsibility to help make that happen.
Did you know that the #1 reason kids do not smoke or use drugs is fear of disappointing their parents. Parents are the most influential person in their child’s lives. Here are 7 ways parents can protect their children from alcohol and other drugs:
- Talk Often With Your Kids
- Be Clear About Your Expectations
- Be a Role Model
- Be Involved in Your Kid’s Life
- Establish Rules and Follow Through
- Encourage Your Child to Work Hard in School
- Support Your Child’s Involvement in Outside Activites.
More information will be coming home next week with your student. Please encourage your student to be involved in the Red Ribbon Week activities and to say NO to drugs and alcohol.
Thursday, October 6, 2016
North Elementary makes the news AGAIN!
The ICSD Parent Night is scheduled for October 17, 2016 at 6:30 PM.
Our Round-the-Block Halloween Parade is schedule for October 31 at 1:30 PM.
Thursday, September 29, 2016
North Elementary makes the news!
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Mr. Whittier has taken to blogging! Check it out here! Use the above menu to always find it too! Click on “For Parents” then “Mr. Whittier’s Blog”. You will find exciting information about our STEAM school.
Monday, September 12, 2016
*** IMPORTANT COMMUNITY COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENT ***
Monday, August 29, 2016
*** ATTENTION PARENTS ***
- NES STUDENT SUCCESS NIGHTS are this week. This is a very important night for parents to learn how to help their children be successful in school. See flyer below for more information.
- No EARLY OUT Wednesday’s for the month of September. See flyer below for more information.
- Kick off assembly for our upcoming PTA sponsored Walk-A-Thon will be this Wednesday, September 1. Be sure to ask your student about this on Wednesday and help your student be successful with this fantastic fundraiser for our school!! The Walk-A-Thon will be on September 7.